Miah and I were walking around the landscaping several weeks ago and realized that the hydrangea bushes that we have been coddling along, had the start of what looked like to be blooms. In the three years that we have lived here, we have only seen one bloom between the three plants. Every spring we get very excited to see the beautiful plant come up, only to be sorely disappointed in the summer when it bears no blooms! Well, before we left on vacation Miah came running in the house saying, "Mom, you have to come quick". I had visions of a broken arm or stitches, so dropped everything and went running outside. She lead me to the hydrangea bush and said, "Look mom, the flowers are beautiful...they are rainbow flowers." Adrenaline still rushing from the thought of a major injury, I just stood there looking at the plant saying, "This is what you had to show me?" With a great big grin on her face she said, "Yup". At first I was irritated, then it dawned on me how excited she was about these hydrangea blooms. Several times since then she has talked about the "rainbow flowers" and how pretty they are. I took a lesson from Miah that day in finding joy in the simple things! I do have to agree with Miah...they are beautiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment