background

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Day of School

Caden set his alarm for 7:15 this morning. His plan was: shut off my alarm, lay in bed for a couple of minutes, and then "gently wake up my sister". He knows Miah's morning demeanor way to well. His plan went off without a hitch. They both came up about 7:25, with smiles on their faces. We all cuddled together for a couple of minutes and talked about the day ahead. Miah was excited, a little nervous, and thought she might be in a dream. Her exact words, "I can't believe that I am going to Kindergarten. It kind of feels like a dream!" Caden was well aware that he was not in a dream and that he would have to return to school this morning. He told me that he wasn't excited for school, but he was not dreading it either. He told me that he was "fine with going back".

Miah wanted me to bike with her this morning, so we all left for school on our bikes at 5 minutes 'till 8:00. I walked Miah to her room, got her settled in and snapped one quick picture. By the time I got to Caden's room, he had already put his backpack away and was getting started on a cross word that his teacher had put on his desk. The only problem...he didn't have pencil. I forgot to buy the kid pencils! He had to ask his "neighbor" if he could borrow a pencil on the first day of school...so sorry Cade. I am so glad he is a VERY forgiving little boy. After kind of a sad and loney bike ride home I walked in the door to this sight. The two little girls playing games on the floor. Willow had a game of Uno all set up and ready for us to play. While Romee was busy with the Dominos. I was quickly reminded that although I had to "let go" of two them this morning, my job at home goes on just as usual. Thank goodness!

No comments: