background

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

In a slump

I feel bedraggled, wet, and cold…oh wait, that is a line from one of our very favorite books… Circus Ship.  Ever heard of it?  If you haven’t, go to the library and check it out today!  It’s probably in my top 5 for favorite children’s books.  I digress.  The only part of that line that isn’t true is the wet part.  I feel bedraggled and lately, I am always cold.  Ask my husband how much I like to be cold.  I hate to be cold!  It’s no wonder I am always cold.  The weather in NW Iowa as of late, has been almost comical.  You know the saying, “If you don’t laugh, you might cry.”  Is that a saying? Maybe I just say it.  I digress…again.  See, this is what happens when I am cold.  I can’t focus.  As I was saying, I am in a slump.  I call it my January slump.  I really despise the month of January.  It is the only month on the calendar that I dread.   I really can not think of one nice thing to say about it.  I long for the 31st on New Years Day.  I give myself permission to be bedraggled in the month of January.  It is fun for awhile, but then it just gets old.  I can’t really do much about the fact that my feet have been like ice cubes for the last 6 weeks, but I can refuse to be in a constant state of bedragglement…yeah, almost sure that isn’t a word.  I look forward to flipping that calendar over to the month of February.  I am no fool.  I know February doesn’t mean warm sunshine and spring weather, but it does mean I have survived January, and I am good with that.  I also look forward to slowly slipping out of this slump.  My first step?  Tomorrow I will paint something yellow. I bet you wish you knew what it was.  So do I.  Second step, start getting caught up on this blog.  I bet you are wondering where in the world I am going to start?  Okay, maybe it’s just me wondering where in the world I am going to start.  Like Miah always says, “Just start somewhere”.  That’s it, I will start with her! 

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yeah! You are back! Good to see the whole family up there too. ;)