background

Monday, March 31, 2014

nine

Willow turned nine this weekend.  We spent the weekend in Sioux Falls with Caden and his AAU basketball team.  We stayed overnight in a hotel Friday night.  Saturday morning we woke up, ate breakfast, and went to the pool to swim awhile before heading out to the first game.  As I am trying to get the little girls dressed, blow dry my own hair, and pack up the last of our belongings, I pick up the hotel receipt that was slipped under the door to confirm the room charges.  While doing so, I glanced up at the top of the receipt and see 3/29/14.  29? 29? 29?  I go running into the bedroom and say, “Willow!  It’s your birthday!”  She looks up at me with a puzzled look on her face {we call it the “Willow look”} and then her eyes light up and she says, “Oh yeah, it is my birthday.” After all the hugs and kisses from her siblings I apologize for forgetting it was her birthday.  In typical Willow fashion she assures me it is just fine and not to worry about it, because she kind of forgot too.  I told her she was WAY too young to be forgetting her birthday! 

DSC_0114DSC_0103DSC_0116DSC_0133DSC_0135DSC_0136

3 comments:

Heather said...

Those cakes are the best! I want to know what kind the girls picked.

Mrs. Heidi said...

I love how your cakes look feminine, yet are Iowa State bb!
Talented woman! BTW - do you have a round cake pan I could possibly borrow Friday? Preparing for my April bday boys! You are amazing at making cakes! I need tips!

Unknown said...

Oh Heidi...the only tip i have for you on these cakes is hire Gretchen Rens at Confectionary! I am absolutely flattered that you thought i made the cakes though!