A Noun: The process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another. To change, move, transform. A metamorphism, an alteration, a handover.
In other words, what every person in the Bleeker household is experiencing in the fall of 2015. This is a big year for us. My “baby” is going to kindergarten, my other “baby” is going to high school! What? I have high school freshman! How in tarnation did that happen?!?!? I was just in high school! Seriously, I feel like I just was in high school. I digress. Miah and Willow are in 7th and 5th grade and are in a new school, with new classmates, and new teachers, a new lunch line, a new locker, programs and passwords they never new existed…you get the picture. And then there is Romee. She moved to the new addition at SC Christian and is feeling the pressure of making her little sister feel comfortable and excited about school. She is having a hard time thinking about being the big kid, and is missing the comfort of knowing her big sisters are there at the same school. Change is good. Change is good. Change. Is. Good.
This morning we made it to each of their buildings on time and without any tears. I {almost} made it home without any tears…but then I saw Amanda as I was leaving the little girls’ building. God has been so faithful in answering prayers already. Miah had a big cry last night before bed. She told me when I was tucking her in that she was going to pray that God would help her get through the morning without anymore tears. This morning she left the car with a smile on her face. Prayer answered. I prayed that Romee would not have a tummy ache and that she would have peace about her new teacher. She was the only one that could eat breakfast (besides Cade, of course…and if Cade didn’t eat breakfast we should all have serious concern). Prayer answered. I also prayed that our morning would go smoothly and we would all arrive at school on time. In spite of the traffic jam on 4th avenue, they all arrived on time. Prayer answered. Small prayers, but big answers. God is so good to us. I know that there might still be tummy aches, some tears, and even hurried, late mornings and God will still be good, but this morning he was especially gracious to us.
Last year Willow’s theme for 4th grade was FROG (Fully Rely On God). This morning while eating our breakfast together, I reminded all the big kids of their 4th grade year, when they spent the year learning what it truly means to fully rely on God. I told them that in this year of transition, we will all have the opportunity to really put that into practice. This morning as I watched Miah and Willow slowly walk up to a new building and unfamiliar environment, I fought back tears and repeated to myself over and over, “fully rely on God.” This morning, my devotions brought me to Ephesians 3:20 which says, “Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” I was reminded this morning that yes, we can fully rely on God, but even more that that, He promises that He will do far more than we can even ask or imagine! I am going to cling to that promise this year!
Dear Lord, guide and go with my kids in this year of change and transition. Please show them what it means to fully trust your for all their needs. I pray that they would feel your presence, and find comfort in knowing you see and understand their anxious hearts. Thank you for being faithful in the past. Thank you that you promise to be faithful in the future! Please do a mighty work in their lives and to you we will give all the glory and honor. Amen.
1 comment:
Praying for you all :)
Post a Comment