background

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Punt, Pass, & Run

Each of the kids got three chances to run, punt and pass. They averaged the three scores to come up with a final number.
Caden finished second place in his age division! Great job Cade!

Two weeks ago Thursday, Cade participated in the punt, pass, and run contest. You may be wondering why it took two weeks for me to get the pictures posted. To be quite honest, I struggled with weather or not I should put it on. I didn't want anyone to think that I was boasting or bragging about my own child. After thinking about it more and after a long conversation with another mom about this exact issue, I realized I was being ridiculous! When they are little we have no fear of telling everyone we meet about their latest accomplishment or achievement. At what point do we start stop celebrating our children's successes and talents for fear of what others might think. After mulling it over, I came to the conclusion that we can NEVER stop praising our children for their gifts and talents. I believe that God gives each of our children talents and they should be celebrated! So with humility, knowing that every gift comes from God, I will teach that to my children and then CELEBRATE with them! Congratulations Caden! Mom and Dad are proud of you.

1 comment:

Tara said...

You couldn't have put it any better.
Thanks for sharing.