We celebrated our first Thanksgiving feast on Sunday. As my title indicates, it truly was a feast for body and soul. The turkey and stuffing were wonderful, the pies were absolutely delicious, and the bread was baked to perfection (that was for you Nikki). Yes, our bodies consumed way too much physical food, but even more importantly we were blessed by spiritual food. We started the day by joining Bryan's mom and dad for church in Hull. They had a visiting pastor, who is has been a long time friend of the family, Pastor Joel Beeke. Pastor Beeke preached on a passage from Judges that I have never heard preached on before. It was intriguing, thought-provoking, and challenging all wrapped in one. I was blessed by his message, and have been reminded already this week of many of the truths he preached...
This morning I had a quiet morning with my girls, painting toenails, reading books, and eating day-old popcorn. Most mornings I would tell myself that I deserved this morning after my day yesterday. Yesterday it was a crabby baby with a diaper rash, a two year-old coming down with a cold, and a preschooler who was bored! However, this morning I was aware that I didn't deserve this morning, much less my three beautiful girls to share it with. Today, I was reminded that I am undeserving, and therefore I was able to see more clearly the grace and goodness of God. It is my prayer that everyday I am aware of how undeserving I am, so that in turn I can give God the glory he is due.
For by the grace given me I say to everyone of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Romans 12:2-4
No comments:
Post a Comment