We survived the second wave of birthday party madness at our house! We combined the parties again, making my life less chaotic. Romee was adamant that she have a "pink" party. To keep his little sister happy, Caden was a good sport and blew out 10
pink candles. He ate his
pink cake off of
pink paper plates, and wiped his mouth with
pink napkins! I know I have said it before, but I will say again...this boy will make one very good husband someday! Caden did not get completely gypped, because he had the privilege of having his first birthday party with friends. We had a hard time deciding on a guest list. To avoid any hurt feelings we invited every boy in the third grade, plus two of his cousins. That made a grand total of 14 boys. Wow, I was exhausted by 10:00 that night, but it was SO worth it. The theme was, "Take Me Out To The Ball Game." It was complete with a concession stand, a Bleeker Ball Park Banner, and boxes of Cracker Jacks for party favors. I had so much fun planning it. The best part...Caden thanked me three times for having such a fun party.

Can you really be 10 already? Double digits? Half way to 20? It gets scarier as I type! It seems like yesterday you were climbing onto my lap with an armful of books requesting that I read every last one of them, or asking me to tie your shoe for the 20th time that day, or begging me to rock you, instead of laying you in your bed at night. It can overwhelm me to think of you changing from a little boy into a young man right before my eyes. Today I will chose for it not to overwhelm me, but give God praise and thanks for the way he is growing, changing, and maturing you into a the person he intends for you to be. I will chose to enjoy the fact that you no longer ask for my help pouring a bowl of cereal, but instead ask, "Does anyone else want me to make them a piece of french toast?" I will choose to not get sad that you don't ask me to tie your shoes anymore, but take pleasure in watching you graciously tie your sisters shoes before heading out the door to a soccer game. I will choose to not shed tears because you are getting to big to crawl up on my lap and read books, but rejoice in your request for me to sit by your bed and talk
every single night. Grandma Vic always told me that "life is all about choices". She is right. You can choose right or wrong. You can choose to want or to be content. You can choose to be bitter or you can choose to forgive. You can choose sadness over days long gone or choose joy for days yet to come. Today Caden, I am going to chose JOY for the days we have yet to share. I love you. Mom

Noellee, you are my stubborn, naughty, oh so smart, full of life, yet so very sweet, three year old little girl. When you flash your great big grin, you melt my heart. You say funny, clever, and adult-like things that make me laugh on a daily basis. Yesterday I heard you struggling to dress your doll. You were trying over, and over to get the shoes on her sticky feet. From behind the couch I heard a great big sigh and a little voice yelling, "Oh for pitty sake, could somebody help me?" You make our family interesting and you keep us on our toes. This past year you had to grow up quickly with the addition of Amirah. Some days you handled it like a pro, other days were just plain hard for you. It's hard to believe that you are the same little girl from 6 months ago. It has been fun to watch you grow into your role as "big" sister. You are loving and caring and a sweet addition to our family. I love you Romee Noelle, Mom.
1 comment:
Beautiful post, Mom! It's so amazing how fast they grow. Everyone tells you when they're babies, but still it's surprising.
Happy Birthday, kids!
Post a Comment