background

Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day

One of my fellow bloggers (and very best friends) did this and I thought it was a very cute way to honor Labor Day.  I switched it up a little, but here’s to the hardest work I have ever done…

How Long were your labors?

#1.  44 hours… plus 3 hours of pushing…but who’s really counting? (4 days early)

#2.  6 hours…and 3 pushes (2 days late)

#3.  7 hours (1 day early)

#4.  24 hours (on her due date)

#5.  8 hours (1 day late)

Drugs?

#1:  Stadol & epidural

#2: epidural

#3.  epidural

#4:  tocolytic  (to relax my uterus so they could turn her from the breech position),  cervidil and pitocin (to get labor started before she could turn again), one really bad epidural, two blood patches to relieve the most excruciating headaches I have ever experienced!

#5.  an epidural

Tipping the scales at?

#1:  5 lbs. 15oz.

#2.  8 lbs. 5 oz. 

#3.  7 lbs. 13 oz..

#4.  8 lbs. 13 oz.

#5.  8 lbs. 13 oz.

 

My first thoughts after delivery?

#1:  He looks like a frog.  I am never doing that again. 

#2.  That has to be a boy.  I have never seen that much hair on a baby.  

#3.  She has NO hair.  I am so glad that I get to name her after my dad. 

#4.  I am SO glad that is over.  I am so glad that she is okay.

#5.  She looks SO much like the rest of them.  I can’t wait until the rest of them to see her. 

Who was there?

#1.  I quite certain that every labor and delivery nurse at the Sioux Center Community Hospital and Health Center made it into that room, Bryan, and Aunt Petey (AKA Aunt Cora).  It is a miracle that she ever had children herself after witnessing that:)

#2.  Bryan

#3.  Bryan

#4.  Bryan

#5.  Bryan and my mom.  Over the years, my mom had shared with me bits and pieces about her labors and deliveries.  After hearing about how babies were brought into the world 35 years ago, I decided that she really needed to see how mothers delivered babies in the year 2009.  It was such a blessing to have her share in that day!  

DSC_0747art

A couple of weeks ago we did the Sculpture Walk in Sioux Falls, and this was one of our favorites.  I thought it was a perfect way to conclude this post.  Happy Labor Day! 

No comments: