background

Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Noon Hour

The noon hour.  It is not simply an hour of the day.  It is so much more than that.  For many years it was a rope that kept me from floating far out into the deep, dark, sea.  It was the time of day that I counted on a new, fresh, mind and body to carry the load for even just an hour.  It was an hour that I could spew one thousand words into an adult conversation.  It was an hour that allowed me to go to the bathroom, put on some make-up, or even shower for the first time that day.  Sometimes the noon hour even let me escape to a quiet, wonderful place, called Fareway.  As the kids get older and some of them go off to school, the noon hour looks and feels different.  I am not always as desperate for the noon hour to come.  I don’t count the hours and minutes for it to arrive.  In fact, some days it sneaks up on me and I am surprised that it has already arrived.  However, the noon hour is none less significant.  It is still on of my very favorite hours of the day.  It is the hour that a new face enters the scene.  It is the the hour where our sometime mundane day breaths new life.  It is the hour of the day where running, chasing, wresting, horsey rides and piggy backing takes place.  The house ensues with laughter (and adult conversation) because noon hour has arrived!  I don’t know what I would have done all these years had I not had a noon hour.  Thank-you Premier for giving me a noon hour! 

DSC_0865art 

Here is the reason for my deep, deep love for “the noon hour”

1 comment:

Carey said...

How wonderful to look forward to that every day!