Webster defines it as: “having or showing courage”. Yesterday it could best be defined as: Romee Noelle. In fact, all afternoon I referred to her as “my brave little girl”. Not a single whine, pout, complain, or tear. She knew what she had to do and she did it well.
This picture was taken before the finger poke and 4 shots, but I am almost sure she would have looked the same way after we were finished. We waited a long time for the immunization team to arrive and at one point I looked at her and said, “Is the wait making you nervous?” She just smiled at me and said, “no.” She followed it up with, “I wish I didn’t have to get these shots…but then I can’t go to school.” She is such a realist. Besides very achy legs and a low grade fever later that night she did great. I am so glad that is done!
She’s one cute chick. She is also one little chick. If you look closely at the sheet she is holding in the first picture you will notice that she weighs a whopping 32 lbs. She was 15 lbs. at a year and it has taken her almost 4 years to double that weight. She eats, I promise. In fact, she is a pretty good eater. She is just one little chick!
When all the big kids went to BSF with dad, the little girls and I went to Butlers for a frosted hazelnut latte, her favorite. She drank it in the tub while soaking her achy legs. When the big kids got wind of the reward they were not happy. Willow says, “All I got was ice cream from Culvers.” Miah replied with, “Well, all I got was a sucker from the bakery…that I had to share with you.” Cade pipes up from the kitchen, “Hey, I didn’t get anything!” Really? I am sure I got him something! Of course, he does have a way better memory than me. Is he right? Oh, I am so sorry buddy. Welcome to the world of being the oldest child.
1 comment:
What a big (little) girl, Romee! :)
Post a Comment