Before the snow completely disappears, I thought I better do a post on a few days when we did thoroughly enjoy it’s presence. I have a love/hate relationship with snow. I really do love it for a time. I wish that time was longer! It is very short amount of time that I love it, but it is deep love for that time. I know, I am so fickle.
One day several weeks ago, when I thought it could be the last good snow of the season, I decided to surprise the kids with an after school trip to the sledding hill in Alton. Our school district has a one hour early release every Wednesday, which I complained about at first. I have now grown to really love Wednesdays for reasons just like this!
It was a perfect day to sled! There was still plenty of snow, but it was melting as we sled. The temperature was almost 50 degrees and there was no wind. We were all sweating after hiking up that hill 20 times. As you can see from the pictures the snow was perfect for building a snowman too! Willow and Miah each took a friend. So, by the time we were done I removed and packed into the suburban 14 wet mittens, 14 stinky boots, 7 soggy snow pants, 9 tubes/sleds/snowboards, and plenty of happy, grateful children. I think that they all thanked me, some of them more than once!
Just when we thought all our snow fun was done, Old Man Winter God blessed us with another beautiful shower of snow…the kind that is perfect for snowmobiling! Every year, about right in the middle of the winter, when we are all ready for the snow to be gone, we get a call from Uncle Mike inviting us to snowmobile for the day. It is a perfect reminder that snow is fun and many wonderful memories are to be had in it! Speaking of memories, I don’t think that Miah will forget this day anytime soon. We will just say that she does not hold Uncle Mike responsible for the injury to her nose!
Amirah was more interested in playing with Maddy. She was borderline scared of the snowmobile and had no desire to get on the sled. And Birkley, she was more interested in staying warm in the suburban with Uncle Bubbs…or was it the ISU game he was listening to that lured her into the suburban. I think that is it! Yup. Deep down, she is a Cyclone fan. Her mom and dad just don’t know it yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment