background

Friday, June 1, 2012

May- in review

The Dordt Track Meet:  Caden participated in the high jump and the 4x100 meter relay.  They placed 2nd in the 4x100 meter relay and he placed 4th in the high jump.  He reported that his first “real” track meet was a lot of fun.  It was an absolute perfect day to sit and watch a track meet. 

PicMonkey Collagehighjump

Miah’s Field Trip:  As a room mom, I got the privilege of tagging along with Miah and her class to the Butterfly House and the Outdoor Campus in Sioux Falls.  It was a beautiful day and we had so much fun together.  I had a group of sweet little girls who I looked after.  They just happen to be three of Miah’s best friends:  Tyra, Emily, and Sienna

PicMonkey Collagebutterfly house

Soccer:  Cade completed what we think will be his last year of soccer.  He has always enjoyed soccer, but does not love it like he does the other sports.  Just when I was starting to figure out the rules and some strategy, he decides to “hang up the cleats”.  Go figure! 

PicMonkey Collagesoccer

Graduation:

DSC_1549

Caden received an invitation in the mail a couple of week ago.  It was addressed to “Mr. Caden Bleeker”.  I handed him the letter and after seeing what was inside he was smiling from ear to ear.  He showed me the hand written invitation and the senior pictures of Micah and asked, “Can I go?”  Caden and Micah have heard lots about each other, through their mom’s.  Micah’s mom and myself have a very special relationship.  First of all, she has delivered all my babies, but more than that, we love each others company.  I don’t seen her as much these day (for obvious reason), but when we do see each other, we never lack for conversation.  We just start right up…like I am in her office sitting on her exam table.  We have so many similar interests.  We are both suckers for college sports (our teams are rivals, but we have a lot of fun with it), our families mean the world to us, and we both have “little” boys who eat and sleep football/basketball.  Micah is a one of the nicest high school boys I have met in a long time.  He is a leader in the classroom and on the court/field.  He loves the Lord and is not afraid to share it.  He is a wonderful role model for young kids.  Besides all that, he’s going to be a Red Raider next year!  At the party, Binkie and I made plans for the boys to play with Micah’s football sling (from what I gathered it sounds like the football version of a pitching machine).  Who says you can’t pick your children’s friends mentors? 

DSC_1582

Programs, programs, programs:  This picture will have to represent all the programs that took place in the month of May, because it is the only one I have.  I left my camera at home for the k-4 musical, Caden’s 5th grade band concert and his band luncheon performance.  I just sat back and enjoyed all the concerts.  This picture was taken before the CSI (Christ’s Stories Investigated) theme concert.  Every year the school chooses a theme for the year.  This year they chose a theme that highlighted the biblical truths of several of the parables.  Each month a new parable was presented at chapel, and then studied throughout the month.  The kids also learned songs that were fitting for each parable, which were then shared with us the night of the concert.  It is our prayer that the truths they hear in school day after day, and we heard them sing about, will penetrate their hearts and lives and the fruit will become increasingly evident.  We claim God’s promise that He who has began a good work will be faithful to complete it in His time. 

DSC_1285DSC_1289DSC_1290DSC_1291

We concluded the month at the Hibma’s with fishing, swimming, and a bon fire.  It was a perfect way to end a busy month and left us anticipating the fun of summer and all it has to offer! 

1 comment:

Mrs. Heidi said...

Ah, yes! Don't you just love this time of year with all the culmination of learning and better yet the expectation of all the FUN to be had in the summer! Your blog is so neat, Becca - it was fun to catch up with your family by reading it!