Can one picture really sum up a person so complex as myself? Funny, really. I am not that complex, but I don’t think that one picture could really sum up my personality. So, I will just give you a glimpse at one small part…and photo proof that it exists. I am tender hearted. I have an especially soft spot in my heart for animals. I thought that as I grew older that soft spot would somewhat harden. No such luck. I love animals just as much now as when I was nine,and begged my dad for a horse daily. Or, when I was sixteen and nursed a baby puppy back to health by waking up three times a night to give her a bottle and rub her tummy. Unfortunately, the man I married loves animals about as much as I do, and we passed that gene right down the line to every last one of our children. So, in a house such as ours, this is what happens when you have been “shopping” for a puppy and you just happen to stop by your cousins house to see his new puppies.
It wasn’t quite as easy as that. We took a couple of weeks think about the logistics of having a lab (we have always had small inside dogs). We also had many talks with the three oldest about the responsibility and the privileges of having a dog…especially a big one. We let them think about if a big dog is really what they wanted. Bryan and I also had to prepare ourselves for the responsibility of another dog. In the end, her big brown eyes sealed the deal. Family and friends, meet
Hazel May Bleeker
She is a black lab and is 7 weeks old. Her mommy is a yellow lab and her daddy is a black lab. She has very good genetics, which means nothing to us. I told you, it was the eyes that did us in. My brother probably said it best, “You got a Cadillac when all you needed was an Escort.” In other words, she will probably never serve her intended purpose since we don’t own a gun and have no clue when pheasant season opens, but she will make a very nice family dog. We love her already!
2 comments:
My kids are so jealous! Can't wait to meet her.
I love Mike's quote and can think of lots of other situations to apply it to!
Still marveling about Cade's choice of name. He will make Grandma Becca proud someday. Ty tells us frequently that he plans to name his child Ty, Jr.
Boy OR girl. ;)
Post a Comment