background

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

So long Pre-gym

When I was pregnant with Romee we joked about how I was quite possibly carrying a future Olympic gymnasts.  She was never in a head-down position for more than a day or two.  Every time I went in for an appointment she was laying a different way.  In fact, at 40 weeks (1 day before my due date) she flipped herself from head-down position into a breech position in a matter of about 30 seconds…believe me, I felt it happen.  At 40+ weeks, I ended up going to Sioux Falls and having an external version.  The OBGYN was able to get her turned without any complications.  He positioned my hands on her head and butt and told me to get in the car and drive straight to the Sioux Center hospital where they could started an induction before she could turn herself again.  That is exactly what we did, and 12 hours later I delivered our little our little gymnast! 

I am not sure if she is Olympic material, but she’s still quite the little gymnast! 

DSC_1081     

DSC_1063DSC_1067DSC_1095

After the spring semester, she was able to fill her chart with stars and pass out of pre-gym and into level 1!  Super job Romee. 

 

No comments: