As I munch on buttered popcorn and see my little brood spread across the great room floor, enjoying the antics of Anne Shirley, in Anne of Greene Gables, I secretly wish that they didn’t have to go to school tomorrow. I wish that we could stay up late, eat our snacks and drink pop, and awake when our lazy bodies tell us they have had enough rest. Instead, I check the DVD player for what chapter we are in, push stop, and shoo them all off to brush their teeth. I resist the urge to let them stay up and finish part one, and remind myself of what 7 A.M looks like at the Bleeker house. I remind myself early mornings are so much better when we have had early nights. In spite of what temps say, the calendar says summer is over. School is in full swing. We have one week of school under our belts. Cade and I decided tonight that it might have been the longest week we have experienced in a long time! Caden’s days progressively got better as the week went along. Romee was especially excited about her first week. She had a great first two days and can’t wait to get there again tomorrow.
(First day for Romee and Day 2 for everyone else)
1 comment:
Oh boy. That little face! How do you say no?
I'm picturing her in my kitchen, wide-eyed, saying, "I can see how that would be freaky!" ;)
Post a Comment