I am not sure we can really call it camping when no tents or campers involved. There was only a cute little wooden cabin, with real beds, a microwave, a shower, running water, and heat. But, because we didn’t have all the comforts of home and it was nestled in the woods, it is considered camping to the Bleekers. I wished I had taken a picture of our little abode, but I didn’t. We do have lots of other pictures from our {camping} adventure. We left on Thursday afternoon and stayed until Saturday morning. It was probably the coldest weekend we have had yet, but that didn’t stop us from having a great time. We would go for a hike, warm up with cider in the cabin, play some board games, try a game of bocce ball or washers outside and then go back in and have more cider. Sounds perfect, huh?
There was a little pond just down from our cabin where we hiked around and by. Cade even did a little fishing out of it and caught a nice sized bass.
Mike and Amanda joined us for supper on Thursday night. We took the opportunity to get a picture right before the sun was setting of all the kids and Grandpa and Grandma. ![]()
Grandpa and Grandma enjoyed the weekend with us as well. Although they were closer to camping than we were, they enjoyed every comfort of home! My dad’s dream of seeing the country in a travel trailer is becoming a reality. This fall they purchased a travel trailer and took it for the first time this weekend. Like I said, it has every comfort of home: fireplace, several flat screen TV, washer and dryer hook up, and plenty of space to move about. I am not sure who was more excited about their new purchase, the kids or grandpa. I am so happy for my dad {and my mom, who is getting used to the idea}. ![]()
Jill, Bryan, and Chad had to work on Friday, so that left Grandma Vic and myself in charge of the kids. We did some hiking, played lots of games, and even took a trip into Hawarden for some ice cream. Who doesn’t want an ice cream cone when it’s 40 degrees? Here they are deciding what trail we are going to try first.
The “real” campers say the best part of camping is the breakfast. I do agree. We had grandpa’s fresh eggs, bacon, toast and jelly, and muffins.
We had planned to canoe on Saturday morning, but it was just too cold. We settled for one more hike before heading home. Canoeing will have to wait until next year. The kids think we need to make this a fall tradition. It was a lot of fun and lots of fun memories made. ![]()
No comments:
Post a Comment