Caden Bleeker
Offense: QB
Defense: Safety
Weight: 128 lbs.
Height: 5’8
Tonight, Caden played his last football game as an 8th grader. He played a really nice game and they ended the season with a win. When he started football last year, he was thinking that he would only play middle school football. He didn’t think that he enjoyed football enough to play in high school. Over the past two years, he has really started to love football. He hasn’t made any decisions about next year, but I think it would be pretty hard for him to be a spectator. We will worry about that next year, and thank God for safe and successful season this year.
It warms my heart to see Coach Schmidt gather the boys before each game and lead them in prayer.
I am not sure how it happened, but Caden is now as tall as I am. When he came home from school after being weighed and measured and told me that he was 5’8 I didn’t believe him. Then we stood back to back. I still didn’t believe him. Now, looking at these legs, I believe him.
Caden is in a class with some very small {for now} kids. I think that they are mostly just late bloomers. We were under-sized compared to every team we played. These boys do not play “small”. They play like they are 50 pounds bigger than they are, but sometimes heart and effort still can’t out-man a 175 pound middle school boy. So, Caden often found himself running for his life. He learned how to throw on the run, really well. He also learned how to duck, tuck, and roll.
This little jump pass was successful! Caden to Chandler for 6 points!
Caden to Manny…pretty typical.
Caden made many touchdown saving tackles in the back field, however this wasn’t one of them! #9 saved Cade’s butt this time.
Cade’s favorite receiver, Charlie. I didn’t get any pictures of these two in action but Charlie was Caden’s favorite target. It was fun to see them become more comfortable with each other as the year went along.
No comments:
Post a Comment