Miah Brynn turned twelve on Thursday. We really celebrated her birthday all week! I think it is only fair, considering most years her birthday falls on or before the first day of school and gets lost in the shuffle of back-to-school excitement. Tuesday she invited two friends over for a little cooking competition. It was similar to the Food Network show “Chopped” with a few modifications. The girls had a lot of fun with it. I didn’t have quite as much fun cleaning my kitchen afterwards. On Thursday, the actual day, we ate pizza together and then went for ice cream after Cade’s open house at the middle school. Friday the kids and I left for Okoboji right after lunch and spent the afternoon at Mike and Amanda’s place at the lake. Miah really wanted one more afternoon on the boat, so when Mike and Bryan arrived about four o’clock we didn’t waste anytime. We all hopped on the boat and the birthday girl skied what might have been her final run of the summer. Sunday we celebrated with both the Bleeker’s and the Franken’s. My kids could take or leave the birthday cake/dessert, but they are always very specific about the food they are going to have at their parties. Miah is all about mashed potatoes and gravy, so that was a must. For lunch with the Bleeker’s we had spaghetti and meatballs and for dinner with the Franken’s we had fried chicken and mashed potatoes with gravy, of course! Needless to say, we all ate WAY too much food on Sunday.
It was a great week celebrating a little girl who I fall more in love with everyday. I think I can call her a little girl for one more year? I feel like she is on the verge of becoming a young women, but is being hindered by the little girl body she is stuck in. Secretly, or maybe not so secretly, I am kind of happy about that. Socially, mentally, and spiritually she is becoming so mature, increasingly more wise, and so much fun to be around! I told her that we can never be best friends, but I want to spend lots and lots of time with her. So, I guess I want to be her best friend. I actually think that Willow has had that title sealed for quite some time already. If the amount of time they spend chatting and giggling in their beds each night is any indication of their friendship, I would say they are besties.
I love this picture because it is so not them! This picture was taken the weekend we went to visit my grandma in MN. We were waiting for my grandma to come outside so I could snap a couple of pictures of my grandma with the girls. Miah looked at Willow and said, “Hey, should we take a picture like all those girls in high school do?” Willow says, “Sure.” and this happens. Immediately after the picture is snapped they both bust out in laughter. Then they ask to see the picture in view finder of my camera and demand I delete it. I am really glad that they are a little embarrassed by a picture like this. I am also glad that when I ask for their forgiveness for posting it on the blog they will most likely offer it.
Happy 12th birthday Miah Brynn. Peace out home girl.
1 comment:
I had to hold back my laughter at "peace out home girl"
Post a Comment