background

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Romee Noelle Turns 8

This is almost a “throwback” birthday post.  Romee celebrated her 8th birthday in April.  She is by far our most social child.  She loves her friends and asks almost on a weekly basis for a play date.  I am horrible about arranging play dates.  My girls play really nice together and extra kids just seems to add extra drama and work for me.  How’s that for lazy?  Anyway, I decided that for Romee’s birthday I would indulge her by letting her have a couple friends over.  We had snacks, made a craft, and they played babies for almost 2 hours.  She had a lot of fun and thanked me a couple times for the fun “party”. 

 IMG_2097

IMG_2099

Romee, the other day we were driving down the road to yet another one of your sibling’s ball games.  You asked me to turn down the radio because you had to ask me something.  Once it was quiet enough in the car for your liking, you said to me, “Mom what do you see me doing in 15 years?”  The question made me giggle, for a couple reasons.  First, I was taken off guard by the way you phrased the questions…so grown up.  It made me chuckle that you wanted to know what I thought about how your life would pan out fifteen years from now.  I often ask you and your siblings what they would like to do when they grown up, but this is probably the first time I have had one of my kids ask me what I imagined them to do when they grow up.  The way you asked, I could tell you wanted a serious answer.  I went on to tell you a few of the things I could picture you doing:  Caring for babies or the elderly, owning your own business, more specifically a coffee shop or craft store, or a small animal veterinarian were a few things I mentioned.  You weighed out the pro’s and con’s of all the occupations, and then ended the conversation with, “I guess I have some time to think about it,”.  That conversation is so typical of you.  It is a reflection of the way you are growing up, but even more than that, it is a reflection of your personality!  Contemplative, thoughtful, and very mature.  I am so grateful that you allow me to ponder with you.  It will be a joy and privilege to contemplate with you for many years to come!  Happy 8th Birthday Romee Noelle.  Love, Mom    

IMG_0747      

No comments: