It's so good to be home! It seemed like just yesterday I was riding the hospital elevator in tears, scared to death to take my first child home. Nine years later, I rode the 3 blocks home in a van loaded with children, again in tears, only this time overwhelmed by God's goodness to us as a family and overjoyed to be together again. We arrived home yesterday at about 5:00. I was welcomed home to a clean house (thanks so much Grandma B) and two beautiful flower arrangments (thanks Bubbs). We then settled in and sat down together to enjoy a wonderful meal (thanks Jill and Grandma Vic). After supper everyone wanted their turn to hold Amirah. To keep things fair for everyone, we resorted to a timer that beeped every 7 minutes indicating their turn was up and they had to pass her to the next set of arms! All the kids had their baths and were in bed by 8:30. Bryan and I spent the rest of the evening doting over our little princess. I went to bed exhusted and glad to be in my own bed. Amirah had a very good first night and we had an even better first day.
background
Friday, April 3, 2009
Home Sweet Home
It's so good to be home! It seemed like just yesterday I was riding the hospital elevator in tears, scared to death to take my first child home. Nine years later, I rode the 3 blocks home in a van loaded with children, again in tears, only this time overwhelmed by God's goodness to us as a family and overjoyed to be together again. We arrived home yesterday at about 5:00. I was welcomed home to a clean house (thanks so much Grandma B) and two beautiful flower arrangments (thanks Bubbs). We then settled in and sat down together to enjoy a wonderful meal (thanks Jill and Grandma Vic). After supper everyone wanted their turn to hold Amirah. To keep things fair for everyone, we resorted to a timer that beeped every 7 minutes indicating their turn was up and they had to pass her to the next set of arms! All the kids had their baths and were in bed by 8:30. Bryan and I spent the rest of the evening doting over our little princess. I went to bed exhusted and glad to be in my own bed. Amirah had a very good first night and we had an even better first day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad things are going well - that is an even greater blessing!
Post a Comment