I wish that I could say that the labor pains I was experiencing one week ago today are a distant memory, however, they are about as "fresh" as the picture of Amirah above. Having said that, I take one look at my beautiful baby girl and can say that every last one of them were worth it. She is one week old today and we have absolutely enjoyed our first week together. The other night Bryan and I were laying in bed, Amirah between us, trying to understand how it is possible to be completely and totally in love with someone you have only known for a week. You would think that by the 5th child it would be "old hat", but we came to the conclusion that with each child we are more amazed and in awe of what a blessing children are!
background
Monday, April 6, 2009
One Week
I wish that I could say that the labor pains I was experiencing one week ago today are a distant memory, however, they are about as "fresh" as the picture of Amirah above. Having said that, I take one look at my beautiful baby girl and can say that every last one of them were worth it. She is one week old today and we have absolutely enjoyed our first week together. The other night Bryan and I were laying in bed, Amirah between us, trying to understand how it is possible to be completely and totally in love with someone you have only known for a week. You would think that by the 5th child it would be "old hat", but we came to the conclusion that with each child we are more amazed and in awe of what a blessing children are!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, what a perfect picture! That is beautiful -- you're right, it does look "fresh". She could be an advertisement for Downey! :)
You are making me all weepy over here! She is beautiful!!
Post a Comment