Caden had the opportunity to participate in his first Hershey's track meet. I told him that for his first year he had to chose just two event. After much deliberation, together we decided on the 50 and 100 meter dash. Bryan rolled his eyes when I told him that I "encouraged" him to do the 5o & 100 meter dash. I was a sprinted and Bryan was a middle distance runner. He defiantly would have lobbied for the 400 and 800 meter dashes. I guess that's one of the privileges of being home when the papers come home in the back pack! I always thought that running a race was pretty straight forward, you run straight and as fast as you can...right? Well, Bryan proved me wrong. Before the race Bryan was busy "coaching" and encouraging Caden with things like, run all the way through the finish line, use your arms, don't look at the other runners, etc. You decide from the pictures how much of Bryan's advise he followed. He did a wonderful job and it was a great learning experience. He is already looking forward to next years meet.
background
Monday, May 18, 2009
Hershey's Track Meet
Caden had the opportunity to participate in his first Hershey's track meet. I told him that for his first year he had to chose just two event. After much deliberation, together we decided on the 50 and 100 meter dash. Bryan rolled his eyes when I told him that I "encouraged" him to do the 5o & 100 meter dash. I was a sprinted and Bryan was a middle distance runner. He defiantly would have lobbied for the 400 and 800 meter dashes. I guess that's one of the privileges of being home when the papers come home in the back pack! I always thought that running a race was pretty straight forward, you run straight and as fast as you can...right? Well, Bryan proved me wrong. Before the race Bryan was busy "coaching" and encouraging Caden with things like, run all the way through the finish line, use your arms, don't look at the other runners, etc. You decide from the pictures how much of Bryan's advise he followed. He did a wonderful job and it was a great learning experience. He is already looking forward to next years meet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I LOVE that picture of Caden looking at his competition. :) Your kit lens did a pretty darn good job too!
Post a Comment