background

Sunday, July 19, 2009

It's a Tradition!

tradition: Webster defines it as: a continuing pattern of culture beliefs or practices. At the Bleeker house we define it by anything that we have done more than twice! So, according to the "Bleeker Dictionary", picking Strawberries at Getting's Garden is a tradition. It was a beautiful night, and even though the berries weren't large, they were as sweet and juicy as they come! I'm not sure what the kids enjoy more, the picking of the strawberries or the reward of ice cream at the Dairy Dandy following. We had a great time as a family and will go back next year...it's a tradition!After returning home that night, we put the kids to bed and started making jam. Did you hear that? I said we started making jam. Bryan helped with all 5 batches. The "Smuckers factory" finally closed at 11:15, and our freezer is now filled with enough jam to make PB&J sandwiches and jelly toast for a year! Having a helper made the job so much more fun and it went twice as fast. Now that is something that I think we should make a tradition! I did thank my honey with a strawberry pie...his absolute favorite!!!

No comments: