On October 28 Bryan's Grandmother, Agnes Harskamp went to her eternal home at the age of 97 years. Bryan has many fond memories of both his Grandma and Grandpa Harskamp. He talks about picnics at Spirit Lake, mini golfing in Orange City, and many vacations at Big Sand. The memories I have of Grandma are obviously different, but one memory that we share is visiting her in her home, and seeing her latest needle point project wrapped up in a basket, setting next to her chair. Grandma Harskamp did beautiful needle work! I had seen many of her crocheted pieces, but had never seen any of her knitting...until Sunday.I walked into the house and Bryan's mom says to me, "Oh, your sweater reminds me of a sweater that my mom knit for me when I was a little girl. I will go get it pretty soon." After dinner she went and dug it out. It was love at first sight. I absolutely fell in love with the little chartreuse flecked sweater! It looked as if it would fit Romee perfect. I asked if I could borrow the sweater for a few days, to get pictures of Romee in it. Romee was very excited about wearing Grandma B's sweater and by the pictures you can tell. I am thrilled with how the pictures turned out but even more thrilled that we are able to keep just one little piece of "Grandma-Great" with us.
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations Psalm 100: 4&5






For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations Psalm 100: 4&5







3 comments:
These are adorable, Becca, and so special. My favorite is the close-up where Romee is looking to the side. It's good for the 4th child to feel like a star every now and then -- and don't they *shine* when they get the chance?! :)
Absolutely PRECIOUS!!!
The photos are absolutely adorable! What a treasure! I'm guessing Brian's mom is loving them!
Post a Comment