background

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sierra Mist


Every late summer/early fall, my mom and dad take all of their school-aged grandchildren on a weekend get-away to Sioux Falls. They spend a night in a hotel, they take them school shopping, and out to dinner. It is a tradition that they started when Caden and Chole started Kindergarten. Each, soon-to-be Kindergartner, looks forward to the trip all year. It has become a "rite of passage" into formal learning!

This weekend, my mom and dad also treated to us to a night at the Ramada in Sioux Falls...better known as the "Pirate Ship Hotel". This is the hotel that they often take the kids when they go on their "back-to-school" trip. Of course, that lead to lots of discussion of next year's trip. Willow will get to go along this year and so the older kids were telling her all about how much fun it was going to be. In passing, I mentioned to Willow that in order for her to go to school and on the shopping trip, she had would have to have her preschool physical/shots. She gave me this look of despair, but didn't say a word. Being the "thinker" that she is, she must have put a lot of thought into what I had said. Several hours later, on the way home, she says to me, "Mom, you know about those shots?" I said,"Yes?" She says, "I think that I will just take the Sierra Mist." I'm thinking...what...Sierra Mist...I don't get it. And then all of the sudden it hits me. She got the H1N1 immunization this fall and they gave her the flu mist, instead of the shot. She was sure that when she went for s her school immunizations that she would be presented with an option of the good old fashion syringe and needle or the much better option...Sierra Mist!

1 comment:

Nikolyn said...

oh man do I wish we could do that for sweet Willow! I'll tell the girls to be kind to her!