A very long day and a "husbandless" evening had really gotten the best of me. I announced to all five children (even Amirah, who obviously did understand anything that I was about to say) that, "We are all going to just SIT and find something to do. I don't care what it is: a puzzle, a book, a game, I don't care! We are all just going to stop "horsing around" and SIT. Do you understand?" Without skipping a beat Miah chimed in with "You know mom, you really should get a babysitter once. It would make your life so much simpler."
Me: "I just love babies, aren't babies just the best (as we were smooching all over Amirah)."
Miah: "Yeah. I do too, but I don't think that you should have any more. "
Me: "Really. Why do you say that?"
Miah: Looking down at the floor where Caden, Willow, and Romee were all sitting and then looking at Amirah sitting on our lap says "Well, look at all of them. Don't you think you have enough?"
No comments:
Post a Comment