Two years ago this past summer, we had told Caden that we would start looking for a dog. Romee was a year and we weren't planning to have any more babies in the near future. Shorty after having that conversation with Caden, we discovered that we were pregnant and due to have a baby in the spring. I knew there was NO WAY I could do a baby and a dog, so the dog would have to wait. Caden was very sad, but understanding. The same conversation took place at Christmas of this year. We told him that once it got warm out and the snow was gone, he would be allowed to start looking for a dog. Whenever we asked what kind of dog he wanted he would say,"one kind of like Kirby" (Grandpa and Grandma B's old dog). Kirbee was a "mut", so finding one like Kirby might have been a tall order. Fast forward to last Sunday...I was talking with Cora at Sunday dinner and she was telling me that they were dog-sitting for friends. She was telling me about how well behaved the dog was, how great she was with kids, and how she looked exactly like Kirbee. I said, "That sounds like a dog we need, what kind of dog is she?" Cora told me she would find out and let me know. I was not aware of it, but the owners of this dog had been looking for a new home for her, for well over a year. They were very busy, and felt like they weren't giving her the attention she needed. Cora emailed me on Monday and told me that she was a Puggle, and asked if we were interested in having her in our home. I couldn't believe it! For my kids' sake, I really wanted a dog, but I didn't even want to think about the training, the chewing, the rambunctious puppy stage! Long story short, Pugslee arrived at our house the following Monday morning and we took her on a trial basis. Needless to say, she is still here! Before she arrived, I was giving Heather the run-down on what I thought the prefect dog would be. She responded to my list with, "Becca, you should just get a Webkins". Well Heather, she didn't quite meet every requirement on my list, but she is much better than a Webkins! She is great with the kids, she rings a bell when she has to go out, she hasn't had an accident since she has been here, her barking is minimal, and not a single Polly Pocket arm has been chewed! We love her already!

1 comment:
So glad to see puggs is still with the family - she is such a cute dog!
Post a Comment