
A year ago now, I was getting very anxious to have this little girl in my arms. Having
experienced the miracle of birth before, my heart knew and understood how it would feel when she was placed on my chest for the first time. I knew the feeling of relief that washes over you when you realize she is here and healthy. I knew the feeling of awe and wonder over a new life. I knew the feeling of sheer gratitude for this gift you have just been given. I knew the feeling of excitement and anticipation of flaunting a beautiful baby to friends and family. With all of what I knew, there was something that I had forgotten. I had forgotten how this child would find a way deep in the bottom of my heart, to a place where no one else could reach. How I could be overwhelmed with love just watching her sleep or play on the floor. I had forgotten how much a mother loves her child. I am SO glad God reminded me again with this little girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment