background

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Start Somewhere

This is the advise I give my kids when they are complaining about having to put away a mountain of clean laundry or pick up a toy room covered in Lego's, Polly pockets, and American Girl throop. When they are overwhelmed with the task at hand I say, "just start somewhere". Oh yes, I have missed a trip to Orlando Florida, two weeks at the lake, many softball and baseball games, trips to the park and pool, picnics, nature hunts, and a zillion everyday happenings, but I am not going to let it overwhelm me. I am going to just start here with two of the cutest little girls you will ever find!
The dress Romee is wearing was stuck in the bottom of a box of "goodies" that I purchased at an auction. Buried under the pile of vintage table clothes that I was really after, was this beautiful vintage dress. It looks like it is homemade. The buttons on the back are so pretty. I can't believe that a family member didn't want it. They always say, "Someones trash is another mans treasure". It is now our treasure!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I haven't checked your blog for a long time! These pictures are SO cute. Amirah is such a little Becca. :) I love that twinkle she always has in her eye!