Cade was "poking" around on the blog the other day and realized that I had not blogged any summer events. He asked me why and so I told him. I told him that I had gotten behind on the blog and the thought of going back was overwhelming. I explained that after much thought, I decided to start up with fall and go from there. In not so many words, he told me that it was a bad idea and he would like to see some summer pictures. He is right. A few summer picture would be nice. So, I am going to do a review of each child's summer. I will start with Cade. Hopefully I will have them all done by next summer:)
We will start with our trip to Florida with wonderful family friends! None of our kids had seen the ocean before this trip. They saw both sides (the Atlantic and Gulf) by the time the trip was over. This picture is of the ride (by ferry) to Caladesi Island on the gulf side. It was a beautiful beach, known for it's shells. This is the beach that we got the best look at dolphins too.
Two days were spent at Sea World. The ride pictured below is the Journey to Atlantis, a favorite ride of all the kids! The best part about this ride...the air conditioned gift shop right next to it! Romee and I spend lots of time in there resting, cooling off, and observing the fish in the aquarium. The week we were in Florida they had record setting temps. We were so proud of how well our kids handled the heat and exhausting days. We came prepared with spray misters fans and LOTS of drinking water.
Cade's big accomplishment was getting up on one ski. As you can see from the pictures, he had two very good teachers...the other is driving the boat:) He decided one afternoon he was going to give it a try and by the next afternoon he looked like he had been doing it for years. I love his face in the picture below. This is his "intense, concentration face". He looks just like Bryan when he makes this face.
No comments:
Post a Comment