Last night Bryan and I discussed many different topics, one of which was parenting. Yes, it was one of those rare nights where we both had enough energy to carry on meaningful, stimulating conversation and it was a blessing! We came to many conclusions, but mostly we decided that parenting is a lot of hard work! It is work that can not be taken lightly and never approached flippantly. Everyday has to be purposeful. Our time with them is so short! I am realizing that more and more everyday. Before I know it, they will be gone. I feel this urgency to give them everything that I can possibly give them in this short time, and I am not talking about material things. I am talking about glimpse after glimpse of God Himself. I want to seize every opportunity to give them just another "taste" of who God is. I believe that God will use those times to change them them and mold them. He did that for me. He will do it for them too. That is not an easy task, and after our conversation I did feel a bit overwhelmed. This morning I had to finish my BSF lesson and so opened my bible to Isaiah 40. This is what I read.
"He tends his flock like a Shepard: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:11
Over and over in my life God has used His word to bring comfort and peace. Today was no exception. I have no reason to feel afraid and overwhelmed. My task is still the same, but the Shepard will be doing all the work!
1 comment:
Beautiful...
Post a Comment