background

Friday, January 28, 2011

Beautiful Winter Day

Romee, Amirah, and I were sitting around the dinner table yesterday. While we were eating, we heard a small engine plane zip over our house. Both girls' ears perk up as they hear the hum of the planes engine. Amirah's eyes light up and she exclaims, "Mommy, twain (train)!" Romee looks at me with a big smile on her face and gives a little chuckle. She then turns to Amirah and in all seriousness says, "No Cae Cae, somebody is mowing their lawn." Oh my goodness! I had to do everything I could to contain my laughter.

It was a beautiful day yesterday...as far as January days go:) We were finally able to enjoy all the snow we have been "blessed" with. I put the girls on the saucer and took them for a long walk around the neighborhood. The snow-packed roads made for perfect saucer pulling conditions. They absolutely loved it and didn't want to get off. It felt so good to be out and breathing that fresh air...almost as good as breathing the air of freshly cut grass!

No comments: