background

Friday, April 8, 2011

Did You Know...

- I don't mind clutter, but can't stand dirt. Toys, books, stacks of paper, don't bother me a bit. Dirty toilets, crumbs on the floor, streaks on the window...yup, making my skin crawl right now.

- Shoes are a must! My day hasn't begun until I put on my shoes. Slippers are no substitute.

- Seeing a Benjamen Moore paint deck can raise my blood pressure. Not in a bad way. Sheer excitement!

- Speaking of raising my blood pressure. People chewing on anything crunchy will do it. Seriously, who ever thought Cheetos were a good idea.

- Heath Blizzard please...with NO chocolate syrup. The last part is crucial. I have been known to be angered (almost to the point of tears) that a 15 year old Dairy Queen employee squirted that chocolate syrup into my once perfect Heath blizzard.

- I really should have be born in the 1930's. Quilting, canning, tending the yard...these are a few of my favorite things.

- No need for counselors, therapists, or psychiatrists here. I can go for a run, thank you.

- I married my high school sweetheart.

- Can't stand to have my fingernails painted. You will never find me adorned in jewelry either. My wedding ring and maybe a necklace is all I can tolerate.

- My favorite book of all time is "Stepping Heavenward". I think that I am on my fourth time through. I keep it in my diaper bag and read little bits of it whenever I have to wait. Dear Miss Katy makes every wait so much more bearable.

- My kids have to endure hundreds of hugs and kisses in the course of a week. When Cade was little he would say, "No kiss mommy...no more kiss." Now that he is much older AND wiser he knows what a good kiss and hug can do for the soul. He no longer resists the attacks...except for in public:) I can live with that.

- I always have candy in my cupboard. Not a fan of chocolate, but Starburst, Skittles, Black Forest gummy bears and Mike & Ikes make me so happy.

- I haven't slept through the night, consistently for more than 10 years. My babies are horrible sleepers. Actually, now that I think about, my toddlers aren't much better.

- I am a hymn girl. I enjoy some contemporary Christian music too, but hymns are near and dear to my heart. So hard to pick a favorite, so here is my short list: "Take My Life and Let It Be", "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing", "Our God, Our Help in Ages Past", "It is Well with My Soul."

- I pretend like I don't like our dog, but I actually adore her. I have always been a dog lover, but one that never has any accidents is especially near and dear to my heart. I can deal with the barking, as long as my carpets are clean.

- I am technologically inept. I will never covet the latest gadget- first of all because I probably don't even know it exists and even if I did, I wouldn't know how to operate it anyway.

- I am working on being a more gracious person. It is a huge character flaw and it bothers me.

- Speaking of character flaws, I am not very patient either. I want things done NOW. If it isn't happening fast enough, I will do it myself. I am working on that too.

- I dream of living in an old farm house in a quiet East coast town. I also dream of living in a highrise apartment in New York City. I know- I don't understand it either.

- In spite of my "dreams", I love my life- right here in a small Midwest town. It is simple. It is straight-forward. And I am content with that. I am content. That's a good feeling.

3 comments:

Hermans said...

Funny, I look at a paint deck and my mouth goes dry, my palms sweat and my mind goes blank...anxiety attack? I have been blessed to have you as a sister-in-law and not just for the talents God has given you and not me! Laura

Cora said...

Yep, I'm with you, Laur. Our lives are so blessed because you joined our family, Bec.

Heather said...

Why would someone put chocolate syrup in a Heath Blizzard??? I like my chocolate but I agree, you don't fix what's not broken!