background

Friday, April 15, 2011

bilateral myringotomy = relief

After several ear infections in the past couple months it was determined that Amirah would be a candidate for tubes. I did not argue, knowing the relief that they gave Willow. We arrived at the hospital at 7 a.m. She was very agreeable before the surgery. The nurses were impressed with how quiet she sat while checking her heart rate, lungs, and oxygen level. Notice her picking in her ear in the picture below. We hope this is a thing of the past!
After a dose of "I don't care medicine" she was feeling really good and was ready for a wagon ride. She was so sleepy, she almost toppled out of the wagon.
Off to surgery...

15 minutes later the nurse brought her back to us with one little tear on her cheek. She said that she cried when she woke up, but as soon as she picked her up she stopped. She never cried again. I remember with Willow that was NOT the case. She was such a big girl!
Wow, those slippers could use a good washing! All snuggled in and drinking her juice by daddy!

It's amazing what a difference those little blue tubes can make. She is like a different girl. She has slept through the night two nights in a row. Why didn't we do this is December?

1 comment:

Nikolyn said...

oh my. What I would give for a full night's sleep twice. too bad ears are fine here. Glad your babe is doing well!