Annie Girl
For her party she picked a rainbow theme. She originally choose not to have a cake, but instead opted for banana cream pie for dessert (her favorite). Last minute she decided that she really did want a cake. Yikes! It was way too late to order a cake (as in 12 hours before the party), so I did some impromptu cake decorating...not my gift! She loved it and that is all that matters.Willow, when I think of you two words come to mind: Sweet & Stubborn. It sounds kind of like some of my favorite snacks: Sweet & Salty. Just like some of my favorite snacks, one would think that the combination could never be good together. But when you mix them together, they make the perfect combination. The same is true of your sweet & stubborn personality! It is impossible for me to put into words the way you can "toe the line", "push the envelope", and be slightly "hard headed" and wrap it all in sweetness. Stubborn people sometime get a bad rap (just ask your daddy:)) However, like your daddy, I have seen you use it in a very positive way. When you mix your stubborn little spirit with your sweet and sensitive little heart you get a combination that is very hard to resist. Just like popcorn and M&M's! We love you Miss Annie!



Cae Cae
Amirah is very fond of polka dots, so it only seemed right that we have a polka dot party. She was very aware and excited about her big day. The whole week of her birthday she announced to anyone she saw, "It's my birthday!"Amirah Cae, where has my baby gone? I know it sounds cliche, but I feel like it was just yesterday when I was sitting in a hospital bed doting over a brand new baby girl. Two years later, you say and do things that only a "big girl" should say and do. I know that I should feel gratitude for the way God is growing and changing into a little girl, but selfishly I feel sadness for what is no longer. I am working on that! Amirah, you bring so much joy to my life. I treasure our quiet mornings in the rocking chair when the big kids have all left for school. "Boy David" and "Moon, Moon, Moon" will forever be your songs. I love you with all my heart. Mom


1 comment:
VERY cute cake, VERY cute pictures, and VERY, VERY cute little girls!
Amirah looks JUST LIKE you did in that past picture! Wow!
Post a Comment