background

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Announcing

On August 21, 2010 (Miah's birthday) we received news that she was coming! We were so excited to hear that another baby would soon be joining the family! At the request of her daddy, no one was allowed to know that she was a girl. We all put in our guesses, we discussed our hunches, and we even did some betting at the end. I was sure she was a boy. Her grandma Kathy was sure she was a girl. We all had our desires. We would be fooling ourselves if we said we didn't. Caden wanted a boy. Laney wanted a girl. I thought a little boy would be the perfect addition to a house of little girls. He would have two sisters to look after him. His big sisters could tell him to "hurry up or your going to miss the bus!" They could tell him that he still needed to brush his teeth. They could remind him to grab his backpack on the way out the door. They could give him a ride to school on his first day of high school. I thought that would just be perfect.

At 8:35 on Wednesday morning I was reminded that, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. As high as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways." Isaiah 55:8-9

Miss Birkley Mikell Franken, I am so glad that my thoughts are not His thoughts and that my ways are not His ways! You are a beautifully crafted, perfectly made, expression of God's thoughts. You were engraved on the palm of His hand (Isaiah 49:16) even before we knew of your coming. There is no mistake, you are exactly what God intended for this family. You are loved by many and have already found your way deep into their hearts. This aunt and uncle promise you our prayers as you become the little girl and young women that God intended you to be. We love you Birkley!
"My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:15-16

birkley mikell franken
march 23, 2011 at 7:49 a.m.
7 lbs 2 ounces
22 inches

2 comments:

Heather said...

oh my goodness, i thought YOU were making an announcement!!!! it's going to take me a bit to get over that shock!

amanda looks amazing already. and she delivered, what, 2 weeks before her due date? yep. i'm jealous. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm totally with Heather on this one... I thought for sure your family was growing:-) (Guess that means the rest of us are ready for another Bleeker baby!)

She's beautiful!