background

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Before & After

This fall I was on a hunt for two sitting chairs for our living room (that has been furnitureless since we moved into the house almost 5 years ago). I fell in love with a pair of chairs that I found on-line. They were $209.00 each. Not bad, but not in the budget at the time. Then I found these beauties! Pretty, right? Okay. Maybe not yet, but I saw definite potential. I knew that they weren't "putting their best foot forward" with the black vinyl. So I went to work:

1) ordered 2 yards of my all-time favorite fabric, black and white damask.
2) removed the black vinyl and about 2,000 upholstery nails
3) sanded the wooden arms, back, and legs of the chair
4) primed the wood with a spray primer
5) painted the wood with a black semi-gloss paint
6) had them reupholstered by a professional (I know my limits:)

I knew you were better than that black vinyl!

I think that they turned out perfect! They are even more perfect considering they cost me $100 for the pair! They are a wonderful start to a once empty living room.

$ 20. 00 for two chair
$15.00 for two yard of fabric
spray primer (had from a previous project)
paint (had from a previous project)
$65.00 in labor for reupholstering
__________________________
Grand total: $100.00

1 comment:

Alissa Kroeze said...

LOVE these! That would be my favorite fabric also.. good work!