God is Sovereign over ALL things!
From Isaiah 45:5-7
"I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me.
I am the Lord, and there is no other. I formed the light and created the darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things.
I am the Lord, and there is no other. I formed the light and created the darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things.
This week was filled with sad and disturbing stories. I heard stories of lonely and hurt people, of struggling marriages and of death and illness. After hearing one story after another I began to think to myself: What is happening to this world? It is spinning out of control! Then God reminded me of the passage that we studied together this week in BSF. He reminded me that nothing is out of his control, nothing is apart from his plan, and he ordained these things to happen long before I ever heard the stories. Someday your life may seem as if it doesn't make sense. Your life...our life, might be the "story". When and if that time comes I want you to remember that God is sovereign over all things. As his word states, "I formed light and darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster". God can not be Lord over light, but not darkness. God cannot be Lord over prosperity, but not disaster. God can not be Lord over health, but not illness. God can not be Lord over life, but not death. He is Lord over all these things!
From our BSF notes:
"Though God is perfectly and completely good, even evil and disaster are under His control, and finally will serve His purpose. When deep suffering comes into our lives, there are questions and doubts about God's power and character of compassion. He always has complete authority, and He always acts for the good of those who trust Him. When you are tempted to doubt God's control or His care, will you remember His greatness? "
From our BSF notes:
"Though God is perfectly and completely good, even evil and disaster are under His control, and finally will serve His purpose. When deep suffering comes into our lives, there are questions and doubts about God's power and character of compassion. He always has complete authority, and He always acts for the good of those who trust Him. When you are tempted to doubt God's control or His care, will you remember His greatness? "
1 comment:
Becca, this is beautiful. Thank you so much for putting into a nice, concise post what has been rattling through my head this week. I "starred" that passage in my Bible and got goosebumps when Lori taught on it. What a comfort! Nothing happens outside of His control. How exciting - the despite much darkness, we know The End of the story.
Your kids will be blessed for this writing someday, but thanks for sharing it with the rest of us too.
Post a Comment