background

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Pirate Ship

Every year for Christmas, my mom and dad give us a weekend in Sioux Falls.  It is a weekend that we look forward to all year long.  It’s usually planned for either the month of February or March, when the winter has gotten the best of all of us.  I told Amirah last week about the plans for the hotel…I know, what was I thinking!  Every night for the past 8 days, as we were getting her dressed for bed, she would say to us with great distress, “Oh, no.  We forgot to go to the pirate ship today.”  Then I would assure her that we did not forget and it was still a few days away.  Finally, all the much anticipated fun was had! 

DSC_1192artDSC_1198artDSC_1204art

I think these two are strategizing how to beat Cade in the game they created.  Or maybe it was just ladies aid.  There is a lot of that when those two are together.    DSC_1202art

DSC_1217artDSC_1206art

See Amirah’s death grip!  This is how she holds on to you whenever you get in a pool of water with her.  She really wants to be in the water, but is scared to death.  She never lets go of your neck.  Pleasant I tell ya…you come out of the water with scratch marks all over your neck. 

DSC_1208DSC_1210art

These two spent hours playing on the pirate ship!  I think that they made their way up and down the slides 100 times. 

DSC_1218

This is the only picture I have to show for the many trips down this slide.  Miah was about 10 feet past the camera.  I have another one just like it of Cade.  Do you want to see it?  I guess I was a little slow on Saturday morning.  I guess that’s what happens when you spend half the night in the bathroom coughing.  Nothing worse than a nagging cough when you are in a hotel room with 6 other people. 

DSC_1222art

Here is the whole crew minus Miss B.  She was taking her morning nap.  What a fun weekend!  By the looks of the faded swimsuits and the scaly dry skin, we got our money’s worth from the Pirate Ship hotel!    Swimming, arcade games, pizza, movies, and more snacks than a person needs…Thanks for everything Grandpa Will and Grandma Vic.  We love you! 

No comments: