background

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Yummy

If bananas and granola are not on your grocery list, add them NOW!  One of my very favorite snacks is a yogurt parfait.  I love to experiment with different kinds of fruits.  Bananas is probably my least favorite fruit to include, until today!  This morning I opened up a new container of vanilla yogurt and on the lid was a recipe for a banana smoothie.  I decided to revamp the recipe and use some of it’s components in my yogurt parfait.  Here is what I came up with:  Vanilla yogurt, a drizzle of honey, a big sprinkle of cinnamon, a little smaller sprinkle of nutmeg, sliced bananas, just a few chopped pecans and a handful of granola.  YUM!  Do you appreciate my measurements?  I hope you do.  That is seriously how I measure almost everything.  When Cade cooks with me, he knows exactly what I mean when I say “a big sprinkle”.  I am clearly not a food stylist, so the picture doesn’t do this parfait justice.  Maybe I just thought it was so pretty because it was so darn good.  You want to try it, I know you do. 

DSC_1117art

FYI:  I ate two of them! 

No comments: