background

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Teacher Christmas Gifts

I am always on the hunt for cute, practical, inexpensive, and not-too-time-consuming teacher gifts.  That is a lot of boxes to check.  I am very excited about this year’s gift, because I think I checked every box.  I found tea towels at Crate & Barrel for $2.95 each (on clearance).  I bought 1 yard of white cotton fabric and 12 bottles of Archer Farms caramel latte drink.  The pear towels were very cute all by themselves, but I thought that they needed a little something “special”.  A ruffle adds cuteness to anything, including a towel, so a ruffle is what they got.  Sewing the ruffles and putting them on, took very little time…just straight seems.  I wrapped them around the glass latte bottles and added a pear shaped gift tag that read…

Thank you for being a “pear”fect blessing in my life. Merry Christmas! 

“Every good and perfect gift comes from above” James 1:17

     

Who can’t use another tea towel in their kitchen?  If you can’t, please don’t tell me.  It would just ruin all this excitement over the cute, practical, inexpensive, not-too-time-consuming gift I thought I had!  If you have any other ideas that check even a couple of the boxes send them my way!

PicMonkey Collagepear

1 comment:

Heather said...

I was just telling Amy a few days ago about your thoughtful teacher gifts each year. I honestly don't know how you do it. My creativity at this point in the season is sucked dry. I can usually do a little better than a gift card, but I have never been able to get the "inexpensive" part down (although that, I realize, is relative).