Monday and Tuesday we were doing this…
We were also riding bike, playing at the park, and drinking lemonade to cool our over-heated bodies.
Wednesday (May 1) our backyard looks like this…
I am documenting this, with hopes that I never get the opportunity to so again. I am hoping that this year was a very rare and unique winter…one that we don’t soon repeat. For the past month, I have tried to stay optimistic about the below average temps and snow. We need the moisture. Our soil is dry and cracked and it needs precipitation. Today the kids woke up SO disappointed. They were crabby and irritable, and just plain frustrated about the snow. I tried again to “look on the bright side.” I reminded them again that we needed the precipitation, and when we complain about the weather we are really complaining about the One who gave it to us. I reminded them that God does all things for good and to accomplish His purposes. Truth be told, I was the one who really needed the reminder. I was also starting to get grumpy. I love spring! It is my favorite season of the year. I look forward to it all year long, and I was beginning to fret over the thought of not really getting to experience a true spring. I was afraid that we are going to go from winter weather right into summer-like temps. Just like my kids, I needed to remember who is in control. I need a gentle reminder that regardless of the snow, rain, sun, or wind God is faithful and he provides exactly what we need, when we need it. Even warm spring sunshine.
1 comment:
I have thought the same thing... we'll go from snow on the ground to blistering heat! I like jeans and flip-flops weather! But, He has a plan. And if nothing else, it will give us something to talk about in the retirement village someday: "Remember that spring of '13 when it snowed straight through May?" :)
Post a Comment