After picking up a prescription at Hy-Vee yesterday, Amirah and I hit a garage sale on the way home. I saw her eyeing one particular pair of pink shoes on a table filled with shoes and toys. Imagine the look on her face when I asked her, “Would you like mommy to buy those for you.”. We quickly tried them on to be sure they fit. They didn’t, but we bought them anyway. She was all smiles as she trotted away from the sale wearing her in her new $2 shoes. When we got home, the big girls shared in her excitement. They oohed and aahed over her new shoes, asked to see them better, and told her how much they loved her new shoes.
{Enter Cade on the scene}
Cade: “Hey, did you get some new shoes?”
Amirah: Yup. {with a very proud smile on her face}
Cade: “They look a little big.”
Amirah: “No they’re not. They fit. See.”
Cade: “ What kind of shoes are they, anyway?”
Amirah: “Pink” {face changing from all smiles, to annoyed and a little disgruntled}
Cade: “Those are just not cool. They are not even a brand.”
Amirah: {Now offended and just plain mad} “Yes they are. They are brand new!”
Cade has a little to learn yet, when it comes to women and their shoes!
1 comment:
Haha... I think the problem is that Cade, like Joe, cannot appreciate the joy in a "good deal" kind of shoe. Joe's side of the shoe shelf is not only larger than mine but also significantly more $$$. I love Walmart's $8 ballet flats. :)
Post a Comment