background

Monday, August 24, 2009

I Love This Man

I love you more today than yesterday, but not as much as
tomorrow.
Give thanks to the Lord for he is good, His love endures forever.

...and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two but one...
Wives submit to your husband as to the Lord. Husband, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.

We live in a culture that doesn't like the word submit. It has become a negative word. In some way we believe that when we submit we become weak. I would like to suggest the opposite. When we submit, we become strong. Over the last 13 years I have slowly, yet surely experienced what a beautiful thing submission can be. I pray that God continues to shape and mold me into a person who desires to submit. I truly believe that if Christian men and women would truly understand what it means to submit first and foremost to Christ, and then to our spouses our marriages, families, and churches would never be the same. Marriages, families, and churches would be strong.

Therefore, what God has joined together let man not separate.
Happy 13th Anniversary Bubbs. I love you!


No comments: