background

Monday, October 3, 2011

A Star, A Hike, and Everything In Between

 DSC_0479art

We’ll start off with the star!  Willow was the first star of Mrs. Wieringa’s classroom.  I worried that she would be nervous being the first one.  She handled it like a pro.  She hopped on that bar stool, grabbed the microphone, and pointed to each picture as she told her class about each one.  As you can see from the picture there was not much anxiety.  The kids in her class got to ask her questions and she introduced each of her family members.  It was a fun day celebrating a beautiful little girl!   

DSC_0831

The next day, I got the opportunity to go along with Miah’s class to the Heritage Village for a field trip.  We have been to Heritage Village many times, but I had never been there for their fall festival.  All the buildings had people in them explaining what school, church, farming, etc. was like 100 years ago.  We had so much fun.  Here is a picture of my group.  What a bunch of sweet little girls! 

DSC_0832

Miah is churning butter in the kitchen of a 100 year old house.  They tasted the butter on crackers.  They all said it was very good! 

DSC_0827

Mr. Vander Hart is showing the kids a variety of musical instruments from many different time periods.  I thought this was very interesting! 

DSC_0836

That same afternoon we made our way over to the high school and watched the Sioux Center Homecoming parade.  They haven’t done a parade since the 80’s.  Each class, along with the band boosters and the volleyball team had a float.  They were very cute and so well done!     

DSC_0841DSC_0842

The kids left with balloons, frisbees, and plenty of candy! 

DSC_0845

Romee (and Amirah) and I have been doing preschool at home three mornings a week.  I used the “My Father’s World” curriculum with Willow when I did her preschool coop and loved it!  Having Willow home with me for that extra year was such a blessing, so I decided to do it again with Romee.  I ordered the rest of the curriculum that I didn’t already have and started three weeks ago.  It has gone so well, and I look forward to our preschool days! On this particular morning we were working on our creation booklets. 

DSC_0848art

That’s a very nice looking “R” Miss Romee! 

DSC_0849art

Last Friday night we spent the evening at Oak Grove.  We roasted hotdogs and sausages for supper and then went for a hike in the woods.  It was a perfect night.  We didn’t even battle the bugs!  This used to be an annual event, but it had been a couple of years since I had been there.  I forgot how much fun it can be.  So much so that we went back with the Franken’s this weekend! 

   DSC_0488DSC_0486artDSC_0492artDSC_0494artDSC_0496art

We finished the evening with dessert!  Nothing like a gooey s’more!  

DSC_0500art

Caden and all his women!  Caden is playing in the Youth Football league this year and having a ball!  Two weeks ago he got to play on Northwestern’s football field.  He thought that was pretty cool.  I will post more football  pictures later.  If you are wondering if his jersey is on backwards…it is!  He can’t get his jersey on by himself, and Bryan got him ready for this game.  I couldn’t believe that neither of them noticed!  That will teach me to get out of bed earlier on a Saturday morning!  Backwards or not…he is still the cutest player on the field!  DSC_0517

1 comment:

Heather said...

Cade did notice his backwards jersey during stretches. He called Joe over and whispered to him that his dad put his jersey on him backwards. Joe kind of chuckled and said, "Want me to help you turn it around a minute?" Cade paused and then said, "No, that's okay." Joe said it was hilarious -- he figured he just needed to tell someone, and then he was good.