background

Monday, April 2, 2012

Well That Was Easy

I have so many other posts that I should be working on, but I get so excited about this milestone at our house, that I just had to share it.  I don’t know why I get so excited about it.  I just do.  Maybe it’s because they get so excited about it!  I don’t know. 

Romee has been wearing a pair of pink sparkly Chuck Taylors all winter.  This particular pair has laces, but they are always tied…they are slip-on shoes…which, by the way are the greatest thing to come on the market since, I don’t know…velcro?  Anyway, this morning when we got out a new pair of spring shoes that needed to be tied, I realized she did not know how to tie her shoes.  So, off we went to find the pair of shoes that had the longest and softest {I know it sounds weird, but softer is always better for learning to tie shoes} laces we could find.  I thought we were in trouble when she struggled with the first step, crossing the two laces.  However, she picked up speed as the process continued and it took all of about 10 minutes to teach her how to tie he shoes! Of all our kids, she is by far our most proficient “shoe-tier” for her age.  Hey, when you have four other siblings you take whatever honors you can get!DSC_1022art

DSC_1016artDSC_1015art

See her text book “bunny ear”!  DSC_1014artDSC_1024art

Hear is where it gets confusing, but she poked the bunnies “ribbon” perfectly behind his “ear”.

DSC_1017artDSC_1019art

Good job Romee Noelle! 

No comments: