When we woke up on Saturday at 6:00 a.m. and heard the rain on the roof we were discouraged. When we got out of bed and realized it had not rained enough to delay the project it was huge relief. Especially for me, as I looked at the pile of muddy shoes/boots by the front door. The girls played in the dirt mud pile on the end of our driveway for a big part of the day on Friday. That’s not so bad, except each time they returned to the pile they put on a new pair of boots/shoes. I was ready for concrete!
I “tagged” all the guys in this top picture. Phil is not pictured, because he was “edging”…I think that’s what they called it. It was my best shot at getting them all in one pictures.
They don’t look like they are working very hard in these last two pictures, but I can tell you (because I watched the whole process) that laying concrete is not for the faint of heart. It is really hard work! I have told a couple of people and I will say it again…I think that we had 6 of the nicest, most gracious men I know on our driveway Saturday morning. You really have to be, to volunteer to help with a project like that! Only in Sioux Center does your neighbor come over and help you lay concrete because he is just being neighborly! Two of Bryan’s friends and co-workers also volunteered to help when they heard Bryan was doing the project. And of course, my dad and brother put in way more hours than I dare count. Mike’s brother-in-law also stopped over to check progress and ended up with a shovel in his hand. All of these guys knew what they were doing and have done concrete work before. I don’t know what we would have done without all of their help. I am so grateful!
Besides some dirt work/landscaping fixes and cutting the concrete, the project is finished! As you can see the girls have already done some bike riding on it, and Cade has been dribbling like crazy! He was so excited to be dribble without his ball bouncing off a crack, sending it straight for the road. It feels so good to have that project done.
No comments:
Post a Comment