A year ago this month, we starting regularly attending a different church. I am planning to do a separate post about this change very soon, but for now I will just say, this was one of the hardest decisions that we have made in our 16 years of marriage. It was incredibly hard to leave the church I grew up in, we were married in, and baptized all our children in, but sometime we are asked to do hard things, and this was one of those times. One of the things that has made this transition so enjoyable for all of us, has been our fellowship group. When they approached us about being part of a group, we had only been attending the church for a couple of months. I was taken off guard when the lady asked me after church one Sunday morning if we would like to be put in a group. There I stood, trying to come up with an excuse why we shouldn’t be put in a group, when the words, “sure, we’d love to be part of a group”, came spewing out of my mouth. I have to admit, there was a little remorse after I had agreed, but there was a reason God didn’t give me words that Sunday morning. We have thoroughly enjoyed the fellowship we have had with this group. We most often meet with our families, but have also met as just couples. It has given us the opportunity to get to know a couple families better, ask questions, and also provide opportunity for many laughs.
I finally found a sport I can beat this kid in. He is just not good! He handled it like a champ, but he was pretty bummed about his bowling ability. At the end of the night, he came to the conclusion that bowling really couldn’t be considered a “sport”. Go figure.
I think that Jace may have even beat Cade!
Here’s the whole crew, minus Cade and Mackinize.
No comments:
Post a Comment