For all you “snow haters”, I am afraid that I am going have to take responsibility for the early November snowstorm. Yesterday, Amirah and I made a quick trip to the grocery store for two things: milk and eggs. In the store I most often shop, the ice cream section is “conveniently” located right by the check out. I have to pass by it every time I check out! So, I did what I always do and browse the ice cream isle for any sales. I certainly did not find a sale! But what I did find was 6 overpriced ice cream treats that made their way into my basket without a second thought.
When I saw the Kemp’s winter snowmen ice cream treats (right next to the Kemp’s mint ice cream trees) my stomach did a little flip. I was immediately transported back 25 years to my Gramps and Grams house. I can almost hear my Grams trotting down the stairs into the den, opening the squeaky laundry room door so she could get into the deep freeze that housed the ice cream novelties, that were only consumed at her house during the holidays! My kids were very excited to try the ice cream treats, but not as excited as I was to tell them about all the wonderful memories that were triggered by seeing those little snowmen in the freezer section yesterday! Although I was not particularly excited about the snow blowing around outside my window, I do have to admit it was quite cozy watching it fall as we savored our Neapolitan treats!
November 6, 2013
Remember when I said, I hope the shed is done before the first snow flies…
http://bleekfam.blogspot.com/2013/10/home.html
Besides some paint and a little more trim work, it’s done. Hazel was warm and cozy this morning inside her new home. Don’t kid yourself, she spent about half the day on her spot in the house, but she does love her new digs.
*Side note: You know how proud I am of my husband? Very! When he told me of his plans to build this shed I tried to be encouraging, but secretly I was thinking…I think we should go buy one of those sheds out by Culvers. This was his first “real” building project and I have to say it turned out pretty darn good! So proud of you Bubbs!
1 comment:
I remember you talking about those mint trees (the ones that are covered in sprinkles on one side?) and I actually associate them with your Grandma Veurink because of it!
No need to apologize to me; I'm loving it.
Post a Comment